Manor House Backpackers a 1920’s early colonial New Zealand home converted for use as budget accommodation.
The fine building and unique architectural features have been beautifully preserved by the owners and enhanced to ensure that guests have a very comfortable and laid-back stay. Features exclusive to Manor House are:
- Minutes walk from the city centre
- Sunny location nestled amongst bushes and trees
- Off-street parking
- Large spacious rooms with big windows
- Stained glass & unique curved bay windows
- Ornate plaster ceilings
- Quiet location – awake to the sounds of birds not traffic
- Beautiful and relaxing garden, BBQ area and deck
Designed and built in 1920 as the Thompson family home, pioneers of the soft drink industry in New Zealand. The unique architectural features such as the curved wire balustrade entrance, curved wooden bay windows, Ornate plaster ceilings, stained glass entrance door and windows, and original antique light fittings create a relaxed historical elegance.